Winter Weather Travel Bag
Winter weather is here and when you are driving long distances, it’s important to be prepared with a winter weather travel bag. With offices in Southern (Woodland Hills) and Central (Bakersfield) California, along with offering mobile services, our staff is often on the road. This can include traveling through roadways impacted by winter weather, such as the infamous Grapevine. On various occasions, staff found themselves stranded at either location. This was due to inclement weather closing down the freeway or as safety precautions in not traveling during potentially dangerous weather conditions. After a few of these instances, our staff learned to be prepared with a winter weather travel bag which can be kept in vehicles on days they travel to off-site distant locations. With experience, they found great benefit and various uses in having these overnight bags ready.
What should you include?
- Bag. Duffel or small bag to hold all items
- Toiletries. Travel-sized shampoo/conditioner, toothbrush and toothpaste, lotion, bodywash, facewash, deodorant, cotton swabs, cologne/perfume, razor and shaving cream
- Medications. Keep a travel size supply (1-2 days of medications). Utilizing a pill case, sample sizes, or near empty containers.
- Sleepwear. Pajamas or comfy clothes to sleep in.
- Change of clothes. You’ll need something to wear the next day. Don’t forget the smaller items like shoes, underwear, socks, etc. A helpful tip for ladies- I find a dress is a great compact and easy outfit to pack.
- Workout gear. It’s important to maintain your workout routine and practice some self-care, even when on the road. I always keep some workout clothes and shoes (I keep an old pair of running shoes in my bag so I don’t need to pack/re-pack my workout shoes)
Here is one of our staff’s winter weather travel bags:
It only takes a little bit of effort to create this winter weather travel bag. But the convenience and reassurance that you are prepared, if mother nature impacts your commute, is well worth the investment!